Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Nutritious Peanut Butter Fudge


I know, you're reading the title and thinking how can that be. But this is so good! It comes from my mom, the healthfood expert in my life! She made this as I was growing up and I remember turning up my nose to it, as most teenagers would. But I made it today and realized how good it is. It's so easy and so satisfying!

1 c. honey
1 c. natural peanut butter
1 c. sesame seeds
1 c. carob powder**
1 c. raw sunflower seeds
1/2 c. raw shredded cocnut
1/2 c. raisins

1. Mix the honey and peanut butter together in a bowl. Then add the rest of the ingredients.
2. Mix well and divide and roll into logs.
3. Wrap in plastic wrap and store in the fridge.
4. Cut into slices when serving.

**If you don't know what carob powder is, you can buy it at whole foods. It's an alternative to cocoa. It doesn't have any added sugar or caffeine. It's from carob beans and has a different taste but really good!

On a side note, I bought raw shredded coconut at Whole Foods yesterday and it is so yummy! So much better than the regular sweetened store bought kind. It wasn't expensive either. It's about the same price as sweetened and is so worth it! I added it to a smoothie yesterday and it made such a difference. That pina colada smoothie recipe is soon to come!

Sorry the pictures are not the best. I'm not a pro when it comes to photography, and our camera isn't the most advanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment