Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Creamy Vinaigrette

This dressing was actually given to me by my friend Kelley. It's by far my favorite dressing right now.

Creamy Vinaigrette
1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup cider or balsamic vinegar, or a mixture
3 cloves garlic, minced, or 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
2 Tb. honey
1 tsp. each salt and black pepper
2 tsp. each dried oregano and basil
3-4 stalks of celery
Dried chili peppers (optional)

Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.The celery makes the dressing creamy, and helps hold it in an emulsion (so the oil and vinegar don't separate so much). You can make the dressing without it, too, if you want.


Before Blending

After

1 comment:

  1. This sounds so yummy. I'm going to have to try it out. What a fun blog. Thanks, I'll have to keep my eye on it. :) I love healthy!

    ReplyDelete