Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Going Raw

So the past few weeks I've been looking into eating raw. I have been able to go through some really great cookbooks and get some ideas. I went to Whole Foods and got some ingredients to get me started. It wasn't the cheapest trip, but some of the things I bought will last a long time. I'm so excited! I tried three new recipes today! It's so great and easy! You just throw most of it into a food processor and you're good to go. No cooking and creating more dirty pans, and I'm saving energy and money! Tonight I made a raw pasta sauce. I was really nervous about serving it to Martin, but he really liked it. It was different that it's cold, but he ate it over noodles. The recipe calls for spiralized zucchini or squash, but I figured I'd ease him into it. The flavors are so amazing in raw food! I don't look at cooked food the same way anymore, so bland and so much loss of nutrients. I don't plan on going totally raw, it can get really expensive, but I'm going to try for at least 50% of my diet. So lots of my recipes upcoming will be more focused on raw cooking! Hope you get inspired to fuel your body with more live food!

No comments:

Post a Comment