Saturday, March 13, 2010

Breakfast is Changing


This week I've been trying to have more of a veggie breakfast. It has really helped me to not have such a drop in my blood sugar by the afternoon, which is when I crave the sweets the most. So I've been trying cold soups first thing in the morning. I know, sounds so bizarre. But I've actually really enjoyed it. By the third day, I woke up and was craving it, which is pretty weird for me. So here's a few I've tried, but you could do almost anything combined with tomato and cucumber. They are very similar. It will be good to have more fresh herbs in the summer and change it up a lot.

Cold Veggie Soup
2 roma tomatoes
1 small mini cucumber or 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled if needed
1/4 peeled avocado
few fresh basil leaves
few stalks of cilantro, leaves only
pinch of celtic salt
1 T. olive oil

1. Put all of it in a blender and blend until desired consistency.
2. Top with chopped cucumber, cilantro leaves, and avocado

Cold Veggie Soup #2
2 roma tomatoes
1 small cucumber, pelled if needed
1/4 avocado, peeled
1/4 red bell pepper
pinch of Celtic salt
few stalks of cilantro, leaves only
juice of 1/2 of a lemon or lime

1. Put all of it in the blender and blend.
2. Top with cilantro leaves, chopped red bell peppers

You could probably double or triple these recipes and keep them in the fridge for the next day. they could be altered in so many ways too. Add some celery or carrot juice or spinach or other greens. It's great to have something a little different everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment