Friday, February 19, 2010

Carob Sauce covered bananas

I got this recipe from "Ani's Raw Food Desserts". I changed it a little. The kids loved them, and so did I.


Carob Sauce
1/2 c. coconut oil, liquified
about 1/4 c. carob powder
1/2 T. agave, optional


1. Mix all ingredients together.
2. Cut a banana in half and place on a skewer.
3. Dip or drizzle the banana in the sauce.
4. Roll in your favorite toppings, almond pulp, chopped nuts, seeds, coconut.
5. Freeze until firm, at least a few hours.


We rolled ours in almond pulp and shredded coconut. You could also use this for strawberries, pineapple or other fruits.

1 comment:

  1. This looks so yummy!! I just hopped on your blog from Cari's but I believe we are related. I am Josh Taylors wife, so I think that makes us cousin's in law or something. Anyway what a great idea to have this blog of healthy recipes. I was really into raw food for a while when I only had one baby and then have fallen out of the habit but felt really great at the time and would love to slowly get back into it. Thanks for the great recipes, I am definitely going to try my hand at some of these.

    Take care!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete