Saturday, August 22, 2009

My Lunch Today


Today I just wanted to have a simple sandwich with vegetables, didn't feel like any meat. I went to the Louisburg farmer's market this morning and so I had fresh zucchini and tomatoes on hand.

flatbread
gorgonzola cheese
tomatoes
5 or 6 slices of zucchini
basil (fresh from my garden)
balsamic vinegar

1. toast the flatbread or your choice of bread.
2. Sautee the sliced zucchini over medium heat in butter until browned
3. Sprinkle a little balsamic vinegar on one piece of bread
4. Build the sandwich with tomatoes, then zucchini, cheese, and basil.

I thought this was so good! I love fresh veggies from the market!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! That makes me hungry. :) I've never tried gorgonzola cheese, what does it taste like? And where is the Louisburg farmer's market? Oh if Only I had a car to drive to different places. Sigh.....

    ReplyDelete