Thursday, July 2, 2009

Pancakes with fruit pudding

We don't do syrup in this house, but we love pancakes each Saturday morning. Regular syrup is just full of sugar and fake maple flavoring and I can't afford the real maple syrup. Growing up my mom would make pancakes and "fruit pudding" to top it with. Basically it's just a smoothie on pancakes. We love it, the recipe is easy and you can use whatever fruit you have on hand.

fruit of any kind
plain yogurt
spash of juice
ice

1. Blend it all and pour on your whole grain pancakes. Goodbye to sugary junk, hello yummy healthy breakfast!
*tip for adding more veggies into your kids meals: I use my leftover veggie pulp from juicing in lots of things. I throw a handful of carrot pulp in pancakes or muffins. The kids never notice. You could just finely shred carrots if you don't have a juicer. Any extra they can get is worth it!*

No comments:

Post a Comment