Sunday, May 24, 2009

Heirloom Tomato Gazpacho

Another great recipe from "Ani's Raw Food Kitchen", man I love this book. At first when I made it and didn't use the toppings, I thought it was gross. But toppings made all the difference. I didn't even stop to take a picture of it, it was that good. I love soup and the thought of cold soup just seems ridiculous, but this is so yummy and healthy I think I've changed my views.

3 tomatoes, heirloom if possible
1 T. honey or pitted dates
1/2 c. brazil nuts, soaked (I used soaked almonds because that's what I had)
1 c. extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1 t. black pepper
1 T. Bragg's Liquid Aminos, (if you don't have this, you can just use soy sauce, it's just not raw)
4 c. water

Toppings:
tomato, diced
cucumber, diced
cilantro leaves
avocado, diced

1. Blend all the soup ingredients together in a blender.
2. Put some soup in a bowl and load on the toppings! So good, I think I'll make it again this week!
This will keep for 3 days in the fridge.

I LOVE raw cooking because it's sooooo easy, just chop and mix and you're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment