Friday, January 8, 2010

Spinach and Parsley Pesto


I am totallly missing the fresh basil from the summer garden, so I decided on trying a new pesto. The measurements are all approximate. I ate it three different ways. First I spread it on tilapia and cooked it on a skillet on the stove top, then I just had it as a sauce with wheat pasta, and today I spread it on my sandwich. On my sandwich I put the pesto, turkey, cheese, and spinach. I also just made bread the previous day, so it was moist and sooooo yummy! It was all very fabulous!

2 handfuls of fresh spinach
1/3 bunch of fresh parsley, leaves only
1/2 c. freshly grated parmesan
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
salt to taste
olive oil

Place spinach, parsley, parmesan, garlic, and salt in a blender. Add enough oil to allow the blender to blend. Continously taste and add more ingredients as necessary.

You can freeze any leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment